Can you get government assistance if you have cancer?
People affected by cancer can get home help to assist with things like housework, shopping or dog walking, etc. Cancer Council NSW provides financial assistance towards the cost of cleaning and gardening for people affected by cancer who are unable to afford the cost.
How do I get financial help for cancer?
To avail financial assistance under HMCPF, the patient is required to submit :
- application form in prescribed proforma duly signed by the treating doctor and countersigned by the Medical Superintendent of the Government hospital/institute/Regional Cancer Centre.
- Copy of the income certificate.
- Copy of the ration card.
Can cancer patients get disability?
Cancers that are aggressive, inoperable or unresectable, that have recurred after treatment, or that have metastasized are eligible for disability benefits.
Is cancer classed as a disability?
The Equality Act considers a diagnosis of cancer as a disability. You don’t have to have symptoms or consider yourself disabled by your cancer to be covered.
What types of cancer qualify for disability?
If you have been diagnosed with one of the following cancers, you should automatically, medically qualify for disability benefits:
- Esophageal cancer.
- Gallbladder cancer.
- Brain cancer.
- Inflammatory breast cancer.
- Liver cancer.
- Pancreatic cancer.
- Salivary cancers.
- Sinonasal cancer.
How can I get free treatment for cancer?
Following are the top best free cancer treatment hospitals/centres in India:
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore.
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Kolkata.
- Regional Cancer Center,Thiruvananthapuram.
- Cancer Care Foundation of India, Mumbai.
How can I get help paying for chemo?
Government assistance programs include:
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- U.S. Administration on Aging.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Social Security Administration.
- Medicine Assistance Tool.
- Needy Meds.
- CancerCare® Co-Payment Assistance Foundation.
- Good Days.