Who prescribes chemotherapy?
A doctor who specializes in treating cancer with medication, called a medical oncologist, will prescribe your chemotherapy. You may receive a combination of drugs, because this sometimes works better than only 1 drug. The drugs, dose, and treatment schedule depend on many factors.
How long does a course of chemo last?
A course of chemotherapy usually takes between 3 to 6 months, although it can be more or less than that. The treatment will include one or more chemotherapy drugs. You may have the chemotherapy into a vein (intravenous drugs), or as tablets or capsules.
Who is the best doctor for cancer?
Top 10 Oncologists in India
- Dr. Ashok Vaid. Medical Oncologist. …
- Dr. Vinod Raina. Medical Oncologist. …
- Dr. Aruna Chandrasekhran. Surgical Oncologist. …
- Dr. Rajesh Mistry. Surgical Oncologist. …
- Dr. Bidhu K Mohanti. Radiation Oncologist. …
- Dr. ( Col.) R Ranga Rao. …
- Dr. V.P. Gangadharan. Medical Oncologist. …
- Dr. Sanjay Dudhat.
What is a cancer doctor called?
An oncologist is a physician who is highly trained to investigate, diagnose and treat an individual with cancer or suspected cancer. These doctors can treat many different types of cancer in various parts of the patient’s body. If you have cancer, an oncologist can make the treatment plan based on pathology reports.
What are the 7 warnings signs of cancer?
These are potential cancer symptoms:
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- Obvious change in a wart or mole.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
Does Medicare pay for chemotherapy drugs?
Medicare covers chemotherapy if you have cancer. Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care. covers it if you’re a hospital inpatient. covers it if you’re a hospital outpatient or a patient in a doctor’s office or freestanding clinic.
Does insurance pay for chemotherapy?
Does Insurance Cover Chemotherapy? The short answer: yes, health insurance covers chemotherapy. In fact, insurance covers most cancer treatments that aren’t considered experimental. But chemo isn’t a single drug or treatment, and health insurance doesn’t cover everything.